- 2 ½ cups Perfect Italiano Mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup Perfect Italiano Parmesan, grated
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Cheat’s Aioli:
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chuck everything in a bowl. Mix well until the mixture holds together, then get your hands in there and shape teaspoonfuls into small balls.
- Fry them in hot oil until golden brown (they will almost double in size). You should have enough oil to pretty much cover them. Drain on paper towels.
- For the aioli, whisk all ingredients together and chill. This can be made 2 days in advance.
- Serve on their own as a snack or as part of an antipasto platter.