Chunky tomato salsa and tortilla chips
Tomato salsa is the main attraction at any party, made better with crisp, spiced tortilla chips! Sweet corn kernels and truss tomatoes create the base for this chunky salsa, paired with fresh lime and fresh herbs to satisfy any craving.
View the method
- 5 tortillas
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 4 large truss tomatoes, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- ½ cup chopped coriander or parsley
Back to ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Cut the tortillas into wedges, then lay on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the cumin, chilli powder and 1tsp of salt, then sprinkle over the tortilla pieces. Place into the oven to bake for 5 minutes, then turn over and bake for a further 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- To make the salsa, mix together the red onion, tomatoes, corn, lime juice coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve alongside the baked tortilla chips.