Crumbed Camembert with Spicy Beetroot
Crumbed Camembert is making a legendary comeback. Updated for the millennials, try this Mainland version with chia seeds and a spicy beetroot accompaniment – it’s a thrilling combination. Speaking of which – multiple Arnott’s fantastic crackers and colourful toppings complete the picture.
- 1 wheel Mainland Special Reserve Double Cream Camembert
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Oil for frying
- 4 baby cooked beetroot, diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Gregg’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ½ tsp Gregg’s Chinese Five Spice
- Rocket leaves and crackers to serve
1. Dust camembert with the flour then dip into the egg and lastly the combined panko and chia seeds mixture.
2. Repeat the egg and panko layers so the cheese is well covered. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
3. Simmer the diced beetroot with the balsamic, sweet chilli and Chinese five spice for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is syrupy and the beetroot is tender.
4. Heat about 5cm of oil in a small saucepan, and cook the cheese for about 2-3 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and the sides soft and slightly bulging.
5. Carefully turn over if need be so all sides get cooked.
6. Drain on paper towels and let sit for 5 minutes, then slice in half and serve with the spicy beetroot, a few rocket leaves, and crackers.