DIY berry jam and peanut butter
Ever wanted to know how to make your delicious toast toppings from scratch? These DIY jam and peanut butter recipes take few ingredients to create delicious spreads that are a lot better for you and your family.
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 2tsp honey, maple syrup or caster sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup or caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Place the peanuts in a food processor. Turn onto a medium high speed, and leave to blend until a smooth paste forms; this will happen in stages from a crumb, to a dry ball consistency and then a smooth paste.
- Add the honey and salt to taste, mixing for a few seconds until well combined. Transfer to a container or jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Place the frozen berries into a saucepan, and place over a medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and using your spoon to break down the fruit your desired consistency.
- Once bubbling, remove from the heat and stir through the honey. Once combined, stir in the chia seeds and lemon juice and leave to cool.
- Once cool, transfer to a jar and let the chia seeds absorb and thicken the jam for 1-2 hours before serving. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.