Homemade caramelised onion dip and proper crisps
A twist on the traditional kiwi dip, combined with the NZ owned Proper Crisps, creates a perfect team for any snack platter. Yum!
- 10g butter
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 1 x 280g tin reduced cream, chilled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Proper crisps of your choice, to serve
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over a low to medium heat. Add the diced onions, and cook while stirring for 10-15 minutes or until the onions are translucent and golden in colour. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chilled reduced cream, mayonnaise, sour cream, worcestershire sauce and onion powder until combined. Add the cooked onions, onion flakes and chopped chives, and fold through until completely incorporated.
- Cover and place into the fridge to chill for a minimum of 1 hour. Spoon into your desired serving bowl, and surround with your favourite Proper Crisps.