Delicious guacamole is a recipe that every foodie should have in their collection! Fresh and zesty, this recipe is the perfect pairing to crispy tortilla chips, served on top of Mexican inspired loaded kumara or on toast with a poached egg. If you can handle the heat, add extra chilli as you desire!
- 3 large avocados
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 truss tomato, deseeded and diced
- ½ green chilli, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- Juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl, then use a fork or vegetable masher to break down the avocado to your desired consistency.
- Add the diced red onion, tomato, green chilli, coriander and lime juice to the avocado, then stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve immediately or store covered in the fridge until required.
- Serve paired with your favourite tortilla chips for a fresh and crispy snack.
- Top our Mexican inspired loaded kumara with homemade guacamole for a flavoursome, vegetarian dinner option!
- Recreate a cafe go-to by serving guacamole with a perfectly poached egg over the top of your favourite toasted bread.