Homemade rice snap bars
Perfect for little (or big) hands, these homemade rice snap bars are the perfect addition to any lunchbox! Packed with dried fruit, nuts and seeds, our take on the humble muesli bar is a little better for you, and the perfect energy-boosting treat.
- Lunch box
- 3 cups Pams Rice Snaps
- ¼ cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Pams pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp Pams sliced almonds
- 1 cup Pams almond or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup Pams clover honey
- ¼ cup + 4tsp coconut oil
- 175g milk or dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice snaps, dried apricots, pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds. Set aside.
- Place a saucepan over a low to medium heat, and add the peanut butter, clover honey and ¼ cup coconut oil with a pinch of salt. Cook while stirring for a few minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the rice bubbles, and use a spatula to fold the ingredients together. Mix until combined, then transfer to a slice tin lined with baking paper. Press the mixture into the tin using the back of a spoon, then place into the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Once the slice has almost set, melt the chocolate and remaining coconut oil together and stir to combine. Spread the chocolate evenly over the slice, and return to the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Once set, remove the slice from the tin and slice into pieces your desired size. Serve and enjoy or keep stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Skill level: Easy
Chef’s tip: Any dried fruit, nuts and seeds can be used in this recipe! Simply swap the dried apricots, pumpkin seeds or almonds for your favourites in equal quantities.