Korean style grilled cheese
Using tangy kimchi and delicious creamy Whitestone cheddar cheese you’re sure to create the perfect lunch or snack that everyone will be craving.
View the method
- 2 slices thick white bread
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 25g Whitestone havarti cheese, grated
- ¼ cup kimchi
- 25g Whitestone cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
Back to ingredients
- Lay the bread onto a board and spread each slice with 1 Tbsp of butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press to ensure they’re stuck to the butter. Turn over each slice, and spread with mayonnaise.
- Top one slice of the bread with the grated havarti, followed by the kimchi and grated cheddar. Place the remaining bread slice mayonnaise side down onto the built sandwich.
- Bring a non stick pan to a medium heat. Place the sandwich into the frying pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Finish by sprinkling the grilled cheese with the chopped chives, then slice and serve.