- 500g beef mince
- 6 pork sausages, casing removed
- 3 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- ¼ cup tomato or chipotle relish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 large tortillas
- Sesame or poppy seeds, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a bowl, combine the beef mince and sausage meat with the Mexican seasoning, onion, coriander and seasoning with salt and pepper. Mix well until fully combined.
- Lay one tortilla onto a board, then spread 1 Tbsp of relish down the centre of the tortilla horizontally. Place ¼ of the sausage mixture onto the tortilla, and shape into a log that reaches each end of the tortilla.
- Brush beaten egg along the top edge of the tortilla, then using your hands, roll the sausage roll away from you until tightly rolled. Place sealed side down, then brush with beaten egg and garnish with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and sausage mixture. Once all four rolls are prepared, sliced into your desired size and arrange on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the sausage rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until golden in colour and the sausage meat has cooked through. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving warm, or leave to cool completely before refrigerating for up to 4 days.
TIP: If you don’t require the entire batch, freeze the sausage rolls on a tray, then transfer to a container. If cooking from frozen, bake for 35-40 minutes.