- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh watercress sprigs, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lay the baguette slices onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, then place into the oven and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- To make the pesto, place the juice of ½ lemon and the minced garlic into a bowl. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then pour into a food processor. Add the peas, parmesan and watercress. Pulse until the peas are almost smooth.
- Season the pesto to taste with salt and pepper, then spread spoonfuls onto the toasted baguette slices.
- Garnish the crostini with fresh watercress and lemon zest, then drizzle with olive oil and serve.