Pea pesto and watercress crostini
Entertaining this weekend? Your friends and family will love this pea pesto and watercress crostini! Bursting with colour, texture and flavour, these delicious morsels will be a winning crowd pleaser for any occasion.
View the method
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh watercress sprigs, to serve
Back to ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lay the baguette slices onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, then place into the oven and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- To make the pesto, place the juice of ½ lemon and the minced garlic into a bowl. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then pour into a food processor. Add the peas, parmesan and watercress. Pulse until the peas are almost smooth.
- Season the pesto to taste with salt and pepper, then spread spoonfuls onto the toasted baguette slices.
- Garnish the crostini with fresh watercress and lemon zest, then drizzle with olive oil and serve.