Zingy roast pumpkin dip
Next time you roast pumpkin for dinner, set some aside to make this gorgeous bright orange purée with spicy citrus flavours. Serve it as a dip or atop crostini.
- 600 grams peeled pumpkin flesh
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp Tabasco-style chilli sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the pumpkin into 2cm chunks. Toss in a roasting pan with the vegetable oil to coat. Roast for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and golden brown. A little charring adds to the flavour. Remove from the oven; cool to room temperature.
- Put into the bowl of your food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Check flavour and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
Pumpkins vary in moisture content so if required, add a little water to adjust the consistency of the purée.