Seriously sticky coca-cola chicken wings
Lined up for kick-off? These seriously sticky and sweet chicken wings were made for your Armchair Army.
- 750ml Coca-Cola (Classic or No Sugar*)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 large brown onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1kg chicken wings, cut at the joints
- Juice of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 140ºC fan forced.
2. Combine Coca-Cola, sugar, garlic, onion and soy in a bowl.
3. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer in a deep oven tray and pour over cola mixture.
4. Bake for 3-3.5 hours, turning every 45 minutes or until sauce is thick and very sticky. But watch the wings especially at the end, because they can get dark quickly.
5. Drizzle with lemon and enjoy.