Smashed potatoes with parmesan and rosemary
No matter what the occasion, you can’t go wrong with roast potatoes. Golden and crispy on the outside, and light and fluffy on the inside, they’re sure to be a hit with the whole family – and if you’ve never made them before, this recipe ensures foolproof results every time.
- 1.5kg baby potatoes
- ¼ cup Pams Olive Oil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh rosemary sprigs, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil then cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Arrange the potatoes on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Using a potato masher, lightly squash each potato to break it open. Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and crispy. Sprinkle with the parmesan and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the parmesan is melted and crispy.
- Serve sprinkled with the rosemary.
- Add sophisticated flavour by drizzling with a herb vinaigrette to serve.
- If you already have grated tasty cheese in the fridge, you can use that instead of the parmesan.