Smoked Kahawai dip
Showcasing the best of our kai moana this smoked kahawai dip is a bowl of absolute deliciousness! Perfect for any occasion and even better for your Matariki feast. This dip connects to the star Waitā present in the Matariki cluster. Waitā is connected to the food that thrives in our oceans.
- 300g smoked kahawai, or other smoked white fish
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 150g sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Crackers or bread, to serve
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream, until well combined and creamy.
- Flake the smoked fish into small pieces, then add to the cream cheese and sour cream and mix well until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and chopped parsley, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside your favourite crackers or bread. Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days in an airtight container.