- 600g boneless chicken (tenderloin, breast, thigh), cut small
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin Pams coconut cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2tsp Pams crushed ginger
- ½ cup Pics Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp hot sweet chilli sauce
- In a bowl, combine the chopped chicken pieces, curry powder, half a cup of coconut cream, a minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon crushed ginger, salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the peanut sauce, combine the remaining coconut cream, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a pot. Cook while stirring over medium heat for a few minutes until the sauce is bubbling, adding a dash of water if it’s looking too thick.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers. Place a grill pan over medium to high heat with a drizzle of oil. Grill the skewers for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked.
- Serve the cooked chicken skewers from the grill pan. Drizzle some of the satay sauce over the top, then serve the rest alongside the chicken for dipping!
Amp up these chicken satay skewers with a fresh twist by garnishing with sliced chilli, crushed peanuts, fresh coriander and lime wedges.
Sliced baby cucumbers also pair perfectly for a refreshing palate cleanser.