Sweet and savoury fondue
Fondue makes a comeback in this fun fondue platter! Whether your team sweet or team savoury, this recipe is the perfect interactive meal to entertain your bubble; and will get any party started.
- 150g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200ml cream
- Zest of 1 orange, optional
- 25g butter
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 250ml milk
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cups grated cheeses of your choice
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the chopped chocolates, cream and orange zest. Place over a pot of simmering water, ensuring the water does not touch the base of the bowl.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate has fully melted and the mixture is smooth. Add a pinch of salt, and transfer to your choice of serving bowl.
- Serve alongside mixed fruits, marshmallows, pretzels, donut or brownie pieces, waffles and/or wafer biscuits.
- Place a saucepan over a low to medium heat. Add the butter, then once melted, add the cornflour and stir well until smooth.
- Add the milk to the butter mixture in small increments, stirring continuously until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add the mustard and grated cheeses, and stir into the white sauce. Mix until the cheese has completely melted, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside mixed vegetables, cured meats, fresh bread and pickles.