The perfect platter
This entertaining platter is sure to be a winner at any party or get-together. Loaded with cheeses, meats, fruits & nuts, your guests will enjoy grazing on their favourites.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g seedless grapes, cut into small bunches
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- Selection of cheese
- Cure meat
- Plain crackers
- Fresh bread
- Fresh and dried fruit
Honey & Thyme Roasted Grapes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and brush the paper lightly with the olive oil.
- Place the grapes on the tray and drizzle with the honey. Sprinkle over the thyme and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the grapes are caramelised and soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before placing on the platter.
- Select three different cheeses. We suggest a soft, creamy cheese such as a camembert or brie; a firm, aged cheese such as a cheddar or gouda; and a blue cheese such as stilton or roquefort.
- Add salty cured meats such as prosciutto, salami, chorizo or smoked salmon.
- Add the Honey & Thyme Roasted Grapes.
- Add texture with crackers and breads. Plain water crackers are great with mild soft cheeses, try oat and seed crackers with stronger cheeses. Thinly sliced baguette or sourdough bread is another great option.
- Condiments such as chutney and pesto will add flavour, as will olives and cornichons.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables add freshness and colour, as well as being perfect palate cleansers. Try figs and berries, and sliced pears, apples, celery and capsicum.
- Fill any empty spaces with dried fruit and nuts such as apricots, prunes, raw cashew nuts, walnuts and pistachios.