Vegetable Filo Samosas
Surprise your friends and family with these delicious samosas made from scratch! These flavoursome bites are easy to make and can be prepared in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon Pams Butter
- 2 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 2 rounded cups Pams Frozen Mashed Potato (measured once thawed)
- ½ cup Pams Frozen Garden Peas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 300g filo pastry
- 50g Pams Butter, melted
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until completely soft and brown. In the last couple minutes of cooking, add the garlic, cumin seeds and curry powder.
- In a mixing bowl combine the contents of the pan with the potato, peas, lemon juice and coriander. Mix well.
- Separate a stack of 5 filo pastry sheets and brush butter in between each sheet. With the long side running across the bench, cut pastry into 4-5 strips.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of filling at the bottom corner of each strip and fold up into a triangle. Place on a cold baking tray and brush with a little more butter. Repeat until all the filling mixture is used.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
Serve warm, sprinkled with coriander leaves and with your favourite fruit chutney (we recommend mango chutney!).