Creamy whatever-works dip
Make a thick cream as the base for the dip then use your imagination to add what you have to hand. Creamy dips can also be used as spreads for crackers, crostini or bread and as accompanying sauces for grilled or pan-fried chicken or fish.
- ½ cup spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup natural Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs (chives, parsley, basil, dill) or 1 tablespoon herb pesto
- Your choice of spices, vegetables or seafood
- Place the cream cheese and yoghurt in a bowl and stir together until smooth. Add the lemon rind and your chosen herbs.
- Add additional ingredients you fancy and stir to combine. Check flavour and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or more to allow flavours to develop.
Tip: Use ½ cup soft mashed feta cheese mixed with ½ cup sour cream as the base for the dip.