Get the most from your roast with this delicious bone broth. Packed with nutrients, it's easy, inexpensive and versatile. Use it in soups, stews, vegetable and meat dishes, or drink it plain with a little salt and pepper.
- 1 whole chicken frame from a roasted chicken
- A table spoon of apple cider vinegar (or more depending on your tastebuds)
- Flavour with garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and rosemary or thyme
- Use any leftover veges you may have except for turnip, broccoli, cabbage or brussel sprouts as these can make the broth bitter
1. Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, cover with the water.
2. Pop the slow cooker on low for 24 hours.
3. Drain the broth from the bones and veges and pour into a large container.
4. Once at room temperature you can scoop the layer of fat off the top.
5. Store the broth in smaller containers and refrigerate or freeze for use.
Tip: Freeze it in ice cube trays. Once frozen, transfer the frozen cubes of broth to a resealable freezer bag where they will keep for 6 months.