Broccoli and blue cheese soup
A simple soup to make using fresh broccoli. With the zing of blue cheese, this creamy soup is a winner.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- garlic clove finely chopped
- 750g broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 150g Danish Blue Castello,
- divided into pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 150 ml cream
- Melt butter in a medium pot over high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add broccoli and broth and cook, covered, until florets are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Spoon out 1 cup small florets and reserve.
- Add 75g blue cheese, salt, pepper, and cream to the pot. Purée soup in a blender until very smooth.
- Divide mixture among 4 bowls. Garnish each with reserved florets, a sprinkle of remaining Castello Blue cheese, and a few croutons.