Chicken and kale minestrone soup
Hearty and good for the soul, this chicken and kale minestrone soup is the perfect one pot wonder. Made with precooked chicken and plenty of nourishing vegetables, this soup can be customised to fit both your budget and what’s leftover in the fridge! Perfection.
- Pams 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1x 400g tin Pams diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ¾ cup dried small pasta (shells, macaroni etc)
- 1x 400g tin Pams cannellini beans, drained
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2L chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves
- Fresh basil and grated parmesan, to serve
- In a large pot, bring a generous drizzle of olive oil to a low to medium heat. Saute the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and mixed herbs for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, shredded chicken, pasta, cannellini beans and courgette to the pot, and stir to combine. Carefully pour in the chicken stock, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup for 5-7 minutes, then add the kale leaves and cook covered for a further 4-5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in bowls, and garnish with fresh basil leaves and grated parmesan.