- 2tsp sesame oil
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1tsp minced ginger
- 410g tin cream style corn
- 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 1.5L chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 400g udon or hokkien noodles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Sliced spring onion to garnish, if desired
- Place a saucepan over a low to medium heat with the sesame oil, onion and ginger. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Once the onion has softened, add the creamed corn and corn kernels, then stir to combine. Add the stock and soy sauce, then stir and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, add the noodles along with the shredded chicken. Cook while stirring for a further 1 - 2 minutes until the noodles have softened and the chicken has heated through, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup while hot, then garnish with sliced spring onion if desired and enjoy.
TOP TIP: If your kids love their green vegetables, add broccoli florets or frozen peas (at step two) to this soup for an extra nutritional boost!