- 2kg quality pork bones
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 500g purple kumara, cut into large chunks
- 500g cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 cups fresh watercress
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Rewena bread, butter and tomato sauce, to serve
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ¼ cup water
- In a large pot, cover the pork bones with water. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours, removing any foamy stuff with a slotted spoon.
- After 1 hour, add the potatoes and kumara.
- To make the doughboys, mix the flour, seasoning and water together to create a soft dough. With fifteen minutes cooking time left, drop the cabbage and cress into the pot, then drop balls of the doughboy dough into the stock after a further 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with fresh bread and tomato sauce.