Massel Ultimate 5-a-day soup
Loaded with vegetables, this hearty soup is a delicious way to get your 5-a-day.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in juice
- 1.5 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 300g orange sweet potato, sliced (see note)
- 250g packet zucchini noodles
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 400g can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop. Add sweet potato. Cook for a further 3 minutes. Add zucchini, celery, beans and peas. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine parmesan and parsley in a small bowl. Divide soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parsley mixture. Serve.
• Use a vege spiralizer or peeler to cut the courgette into ribbons (as pictured).
• You’ll need to use a thin kumara for this recipe.