Pea and chive soup with tarragon cream
Soup is perfect for the colder months - try this delicious recipe!
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Light Cream For Cooking
- 2 Tbspn chopped tarragon
- 40g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1kg frozen peas
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup snipped chives, extra
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
1. Tarragon cream: Combine half the Philly light cream for cooking, tarragon and then set aside.
2. Pea & Chive Soup: Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion on a low heat until softened.
3. Add the peas and stock then bring to the boil.
4. Add the extra chives and simmer uncovered for 7 minutes or until peas are tender.
5. Cool slightly.
6. Blend or process the soup until smooth then return to the saucepan.
7. Whisk the remaining Philly light cream for cooking into the soup until smooth, simmer for a further 5 minutes until well heated, then season.
8. Ladle into serving bowls then spoon prepared Tarragon cream into each.
Wine suggestion: Chardonnay