Prawn & ginger soup
"A deliciously healthy light soup packed full of flavour - something my family and I love. This is a strong ginger flavour so less ginger can be used depending on your taste buds."
View the method
- 20 raw prawns
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 50g peeled ginger
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Handful mushrooms - quartered
- Mung beans
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch of rice or egg noodles
Back to ingredients
- Heat chicken stock and ginger until simmering.
- Wash bok pak choy and chop off ends - slice each leaf into 4.
- Sear prawns in cooking oil until just cooked and set aside.
- Fry minced garlic in the same pan until lightly browned.
- Place the chicken stock into a medium size pot and bring to the boil
- Once boiled, turn the heat down slightly and add the noodles.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place oil, garlic, prawns, bok choy, mushrooms and mung beans into stock and noodles until heated through and simmering again.
- Serve into serving bowls & drizzle with 1/2 tsp sesame oil.