Slow cooker vege soup
This comforting vegetable soup makes for the perfect winter meal. Barley is traditionally used in these types of soups; however, we have added our delish Pams Superfoods Quinoa for an extra twist!
For an added flavour boost, stir through a spoonful of Pams Pesto or some crumbed crisp fried Pams Finest Prosciutto Crudo.
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pams Diced Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk Pams Celery, sliced
- 1 Pams Carrot, diced
- 1 Pams Parsnip, diced
- 1 Pams Leek, finely sliced
- 1 litre Pams Vegetable, Beef or Chicken Stock
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup Pams Superfoods White Quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently sweat the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip and leek over a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Pour over the stock, water and stir through the quinoa.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.