Smoky tomato and vegetable soup
The addition of smoked paprika adds a soft smoky flavour and brings the tomato to life.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 250g Pams soup mix
- 1 litre reduced salt Pams vegetable stock
- 1 tin Pams diced whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can Pams cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, garlic, celery and carrots for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the paprika and cumin and mix well. Add the soup mix, stock and tomatoes and simmer gently for 40-50 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the drained beans and chopped parsley and season to taste. Serve with melting cheese crostini.