- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 300 gms spilt green peas
- 1.5 litres Pams vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 100 gms baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds / black sesame
- Pea shoots or microgreens
- ½ cup ciabatta croutons
In a large saucepan combine the onion, garlic, ginger, split peas and stock and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes until the peas are just tender. Add the spinach and miso paste and cook a further 2 minutes. Blend half the soup until smooth and add back to the remaining pea soup, reheat and season to taste.
Top with chargrilled croutons, sprouts and toasted sesame seeds.