Roasted summer vegetables and quinoa salad
Make the most of summer vegetables with this delicious salad. With the addition of popular quinoa (keen-wah) and Eta Lite & Free French Dressing you can create a café-style salad with ease.
- Summer BBQ
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1 eggplant
- ½ cup quinoa
- 250ml bottle Eta Lite & Free French Dressing
- Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Thickly slice courgettes. De-seed and cut the capsicum into 1cm pieces, cut the onion into wedges. Cut eggplant into 1cm pieces. Place in a roasting tray and toss through 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are roasting cook the quinoa. Add to a pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 8-9 minutes. Drain and rinse through cold water. Drain thoroughly. Put into a large bowl.
- Toss ¼-? cup Eta Lite & Free French Dressing through the roasted vegetables while they are still warm. Cool.
- Add to cooked quinoa and carefully mix through adding a liitle more dressing if wished. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.