Milo banana and bran muffins
Start fresh with these delicious, healthy recipes. Great for school lunches.
- 1 cup MILO Powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup wheat bran
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup trim milk
- 50 g margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Grease muffin pans.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in MILO, bran and sugar. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Dissolve baking soda in the milk. Combine melted margarine and golden syrup.
- Beat the egg, add milk and margarine mixtures and beat to combine. Pour liquid mixture into well, then add the banana. Stir until dry ingredients are just dampened. Three-quarters fill each muffin pan with the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.