Lemon yoghurt cake
This is a lovely cake to share with friends and family – impressive, yet easy.
- 1 cup Meadow Fresh Lovely Lemon Yoghurt
- ½ cup Meadow Fresh Milk
- ½ cup cooking oil (not olive)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Edmonds self-raising flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp softened Tararua butter
- 2 Tbsp passionfruit syrup or lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
- Grease and paper line the base of a 21cm cake tin.
- Mix the yoghurt, milk, oil and eggs together in a bowl
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add wet mix to dry. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 35- 45 mins.
Passionfruit or lemon icing:
Place it all in a bowl and microwave for 10 seconds. Mix well. Add more passionfruit syrup/lemon if needed.
A little lemon zest can also be added. Ice cake while warm not hot.
Tip: Cooking times may vary with this cake depending on the oven. You want a little colour on top and a knife coming out cleanly from the centre with it is cooked.