Cranberries are a delicious accompaniment to turkey! This recipe brings the festive flavour through in both the stuffing and the glaze.
View the method
- 1 Tegel Turkey, fresh or frozen, (thawed)
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 peeled and diced onion
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 4 diced rashers bacon
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs or cooked rice
- Grated rind of two oranges
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 300g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- 50g softened butter
- 2 tbsp honey
Back to ingredients
- Wash the Tegel Turkey and pat dry using paper towels.
- Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and bacon until softened.
- Add the breadcrumbs, orange rind, raisins, 1/2 cup Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce and mix together. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Fill the turkey cavity with the stuffing. Tie the turkey legs together and twist the wings under the body. Spread the butter on top of the turkey and place into a roasting dish. Cook according to the times on the back of the Tegel Turkey pack.
- Mix the remaining cranberry sauce with the honey and during the last 20 minutes of cooking time, brush the turkey regularly to glaze.