Roast turkey with apple and sage stuffing
Apple and bacon make a delicious savoury stuffing! This recipe will be the centerpiece of any Chirstmas table.
- 1 Tegel Turkey, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 25g butter
- 2 Tegel Chicken Bacon Rashers, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices toasted bread, crumbed
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped or 1 1/2 tbsp rubbed sage
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper to season
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Gently fry the chicken bacon, apple and onion for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in the breadcrumbs and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg and mix until combined.
- Spoon the stuffing into the cavity of the turkey. Tie the drums together with string and tuck the wings underneath.
- Roast the turkey according to instruction on pack.
- Serve with roast vegetables.