Roast Turkey with Festive Christmas Stuffing
A colourful, festive stuffing completes this dish! For an extra-moist bird, the turkey is covered with bacon before cooking.
View the method
- 1 Tegel Turkey
- 1/2 french stick, diced into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Tuscan seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 to 10 slices streaky bacon or prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra)
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the diced bread into a baking dish and drizzle withoil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, celery, red pepper and garlic and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms, seasoning and thyme and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place into a bowl with the bread. Stir in the parsley and the eggs.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C
- Remove the neck and giblet packs from the body and cavity of the turkey. Stuff the turkey, tie the drumsticks together and fold under the wing tips. Place the turkey in a baking dish
- Cover the breast with Tegel Chicken Bacon. Drizzle with the extra oil and cook according to the pack directions. Baste frequently during cooking.
- Serve with roast vegetables, gravy and your favourite green vegetables.