- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g button mushrooms, diced
- ½ diced French stick, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 whole turkey
- 8 to 10 slices streaky bacon or prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake. Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook over medium heat until softened. Add the mushrooms, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the vegetable mixture in a large bowl with the toasted bread, then stir in the chopped herbs and beaten egg.
- Remove the neck and giblet packs from the body and cavity of the turkey. Stuff the turkey, then tie the drumsticks together and fold under the wing tips.
- Carefully transfer the turkey into a roasting dish. Lay the bacon rashers onto the turkey, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 155 minutes or as directed on the pack*, basting frequently during cooking. Once cooked, cover with foil and tea towels, and leave to rest for 30 minutes before carving. Serve and enjoy!
Top tip: Serve with roast vegetables, gravy and your favourite green vegetables.