Stuffed turkey roast with green beans and buttermilk dressing
The turkey is the centrepiece of any festive table, and this juicy roast is guaranteed to delight. Served with a side of green beans and snow peas drizzled with a creamy buttermilk dressing, you can be sure all your guests will be lining up for more!
- 1 Pams Boneless Stuffed Turkey Roast, thawed
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 125g snow peas
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Pams Clover Honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup Pams Classic Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Place the turkey in a roasting tray, then place in the centre of the oven. Cook for 45 minutes.
- To make the glaze, place the orange juice, honey and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well to combine, then brush over the top of the turkey. Return the turkey to the oven for a further 30-40 minutes, or until the glaze is golden brown and the turkey is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the beans for 2 minutes, then remove from the pan and refresh in iced water. Blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds, then remove from the pan and refresh in iced water.
- Place the mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, dill and chives into a small bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then whisk until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Drain the beans and snow peas and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange on a platter, and drizzle with the buttermilk dressing and sprinkle with the extra chives just before serving. Serve alongside the turkey.
- For extra flavour, top the beans with crumbled blue cheese and toasted hazelnuts.
- If you don’t want to make your own dressing, just top the beans with Pams Chipotle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.