Stuffing adds great flavour, keeps the turkey in shape and stretches the meat. Usually well seasoned with herbs and flavourings, they are usually made from breadcrumbs but rice, couscous, diced potato or pasta can also be used.
View the method
- 2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ham steak, diced
- 1 grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh white or wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
Back to ingredients
- Toast the nuts in a 180ºC oven for 10 minutes until golden, Allow to cool and then chop roughly.
- Pan-fry the onion and garlic in a dash of oil for about 2 minutes until just softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts, ham, orange rind, breadcrumbs and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.