Turkey with vermicelli cashew nut salad
This delicious and easy vermicelli noodle cashew nut salad makes a great partner for leftover turkey.
View the method
- Leftover roast turkey or chicken
- ¼ packet glass noodles/vermicelli
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted cashew nuts
- ¼ packet of mung beans
- Snow pea shoots
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 3 cloves
- Juice of 1 orange
- 200ml soy sauce
- 1.5 litres water
- Juice of ½ a lemon
Back to ingredients
- Place the soy sauce, water, cinnamon quill, garlic cloves, star anise, orange, lime and ½ the red chilli in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Place chicken breast fillets into the stock and simmer gently for 8 – 10 minutes, or until breast is cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the stock and keep warm.
- To prepare the glass noodles, bring a large pot with water to the boil and cook for 2 minutes (no longer as the noodles will over cook). Refresh the noodles in ice cold water then drain well.
- Once the noodles are drained; mix with chopped coriander, mung beans, snow pea shoot, sliced ½ red chilli and sesame oil. Lastly mix in chopped roasted unsalted cashew nuts and season with cracked pepper & the juice of ½ a lemon.
- To serve: Place the glass noodles in the centre of a deep bowl and serve sliced cooked chicken breast on top.
Wine suggestion: Sauvignon Blanc