- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Tandoori or Korma curry paste
- 600g total of protein (diced firm tofu, diced chicken or drained chickpeas)
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup cream or coconut cream
- To serve: rice, naan or flatbreads, coriander
TIP #1 Can’t find tinned tomatoes? Try tomato puree or blended cooked tomatoes as an alternative!
TIP #2 Add a pinch of sugar if the curry is too acidic for your taste!
- Bring a large pan or pot to a medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the diced onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add the curry paste, and cook while stirring for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced protein, and cook for 3-10 minutes dependent on required cooking time*. Next add the tomatoes and cream, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then leave to simmer and reduce for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve with curry alongside rice or bread, and garnish with coriander or crispy curry leaves if desired.
NOTE: if you’re using a base of diced chicken, make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly before serving. If you are using tofu and/or chickpeas, 3-5 minutes in step 2 will be suitable.