5 ingredient tomato curry
This quick and easy tomato curry is not only delicious, but can lend itself to many dietary requirements! Ready in under 30 minutes, this will be your new weeknight go-to.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Tandoori or Korma curry paste
- 600g total of protein (diced firm tofu, diced chicken or drained chickpeas)
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup cream or coconut cream
- To serve: rice, naan or flatbreads, coriander
TIP #1 Can’t find tinned tomatoes? Try tomato puree or blended cooked tomatoes as an alternative!
TIP #2 Add a pinch of sugar if the curry is too acidic for your taste!
- Bring a large pan or pot to a medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the diced onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add the curry paste, and cook while stirring for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced protein, and cook for 3-10 minutes dependent on required cooking time*. Next add the tomatoes and cream, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then leave to simmer and reduce for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve with curry alongside rice or bread, and garnish with coriander or crispy curry leaves if desired.
NOTE: if you’re using a base of diced chicken, make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly before serving. If you are using tofu and/or chickpeas, 3-5 minutes in step 2 will be suitable.