6 ingredient pumpkin alfredo
This quick and simple pasta dish is utterly delicious, with pumpkin acting as a base for this creamy, luxurious sauce! Kids and adults alike will love this recipe, ready in under an hour.
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 300g dried pasta
- 20g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500ml cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Optional: frozen or fresh spinach
TIP: If you can’t find pumpkin, butternut squash will work as a great substitute!
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water as per pack instruction (reserve ¼ cup of cooking liquid). Place the cooked pumpkin into a bowl, and mash until it reaches a puree consistency. Alternatively, use a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Set a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic has softened.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the saucepan, along with the cream and stir well to combine. Leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened slightly, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once thickened, add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Fold through with a spoon, then add the parmesan and stir.
- Stir through spinach if desired, then serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container.