Barbecued corn with flavoured butters
When the weather gets warm, there’s nothing like corn cooked on the barbecue. Sweet and juicy, with just a hint of smokey char – it’s the perfect side to any meal. The only way to make it better is to add one of these delicious flavoured butters!
- Summer BBQ
- 6 corn on the cob, with husks on
- 125g Pams Butter, softened
Soy, chilli & sesame butter:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Sun-dried tomato & parsley butter:
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Chipotle & coriander butter:
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
Garlic, thyme & lemon butter:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Stir about ¼ cup of salt into a clean bucket filled with cold water. Remove all but 2-3 layers of husk from the corn. Place the corn cobs in the water and allow to soak for 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the flavoured butter. Place the butter into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until it is soft and creamy. Add the other ingredients for your choice of flavoured butter and beat well until combined.
- Cook the corn on a preheated barbecue over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until the corn is just cooked. Peel back the husks and barbecue the corn for a further 5 minutes, or until lightly charred.
- Serve the corn topped with the flavoured butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.