Black bean and corn quesadillas
These quesadillas are surprisingly easy and quick to make. Packed with lots of great Mexican flavours for the whole family to enjoy, this tasty dinner is gluten free and vegetarian.
View the method
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 400g can Wattie's Black Beans in Springwater, drained
- 1 cup Wattie's Supersweet Corn Kernels
- 6 flour tortilla (gluten free, optional)
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
Back to ingredients
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and red capsicum and sauté until the vegetables are soft. Pour over the Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the Wattie’s Black Beans and Wattie's Supersweet Corn Kernels. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes or until the beans and corn are hot. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat a sandwich press or use a frying pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla on the base plate. Spread about ½ cup of the hot mixture over one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with grated cheese and fold over to enclose the filling. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until the quesadilla is crispy and hot, turning once if cooking in a frying pan. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Cut into wedges and serve with salad greens.
This filling can be served in burritos or over rice.