Crunchy blue cheese flan
"This is a seriously tasty flan with the added crunch of walnuts. It's a great luncheon dish served with a crisp lettuce salad. It's also great served cold."
View the method
- 2 sheets of frozen savoury short pastry
- 4 slices of shaved ham
- 100g triangle of blue vein cheese
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of low fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Thaw the pastry and roll to fit a 23cm flan tin.
- Bake blind at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove paper and beans/rice etc and return to oven for 3 minutes. Cool completely.
- Assemble the rest just before baking.
- Roughly chop the ham and sprinkle over the base of the pastry.
- Beat the yoghurt, eggs and flour together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the blue vein cheese. If it's too stiff add some of the yoghurt mix.
- Dot this on top of the ham.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the blue vein cheese.
- Gently pour the yoghurt mix over the walnuts etc. making sure the walnuts are covered.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and stand for 10 minutes.