- 1 large head broccoli, cut into chunks
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Olive oil
- Flatbreads, tzatziki and salad, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the broccoli chunks, peas and spinach into a food processor, and pulse until the broccoli is finely chopped. Add the chickpeas, parsley, mint, cumin, lemon zest, egg and baking powder, and pulse until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Take heaped spoonfuls of falafel mixture and press together using your hands, then lay on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, and place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve the cooked falafels with flatbreads, tzatziki and salad leaves, or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.