Here’s a fragrant, flavour-packed meat free meal that the family will love, made with your fave squeaky cheese.
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ¼-½ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 200g Mainland Haloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- 5-6 handfuls baby spinach, peas or chopped green beans (optional)
- 150g pottle Anchor Original Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander or spring onion greens, to garnish
- Heat oil in a medium pot over a low-medium heat and gently fry tomato paste, ginger, garlic, paprika, garam masala and chilli flakes just until aromatic (1-2 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, stock, salt, pepper and sugar and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add haloumi and vegetables, if using, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir sour cream until smooth then mix into the hot sauce. Garnish with coriander or spring onions. Delicious with rice and poppadoms.
Use any leftovers to make samosas. For every 1 cup leftover curry add ½ cup chunky mashed potatoes and ½ cup peas, fold into savoury pastry triangles, brush with milk and bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes until golden.