Cauliflower steaks with almonds and parsley dressing
Get ready for a new culinary experience. These steaks are a true sensory delight, combining the delicious versatility of cauliflower with the satisfying, solid feel of a traditional steak. Plus they’re great for the veggie lovers in your family.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- ¼ cup Pams Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds, to serve
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pams Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Pams Clover Honey
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (210°C fan forced). Remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflowers, then cut each cauliflower into 3cm thick steaks (reserving any small florets for another recipe). Place the cauliflower steaks on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, turmeric and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Brush the oil mixture on both sides of the cauliflower steaks. Tightly cover the baking tray with foil and place in the oven to cook for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Gently flip the cauliflower steaks and roast until a golden-brown crust forms on both sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the parsley dressing, place the parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and honey in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the cauliflower steaks to a serving platter. Drizzle the parsley dressing over the top, then sprinkle the cauliflower steaks with the chopped almonds to serve.
- Lift this dish by serving with a sprinkle of dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds or currants.
- Make a simple parsley dressing by using a storebought vinaigrette and adding chopped parsley.