Cheats nasi goreng inspired rice
This cheat’s nasi goreng inspired rice is not only easy to whip up, it’s packed with vegetables that even the fussiest of eater’s will enjoy! Ready in 25 minutes, this recipe is a great budget-friendly recipe that any cook will be able to recreate.
- Rice bran oil
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp minced ginger
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 500g cooked long grain or basmati rice
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- 2 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4-6 whole eggs
- Sliced spring onion, to serve
- In a large frying pan, bring a drizzle of oil to a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and carrot to the pan, and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion and carrot has begun to soften.
- Add the rice and cabbage to the pan, and cook while stirring occasionally until the cabbage has become tender.
- Pour the soy and fish sauce over the rice, and stir to combine. Fold the bean sprouts through the rice, then cook for a further minute or until the sprouts have just softened.
- In a separate pan, fry the eggs in a drizzle of oil. Serve the cooked rice topped with a fried egg, then garnish with sliced spring onion and enjoy while hot.
TOP TIP: If you like it hot, add 1 sliced chilli or a pinch of chilli flakes into the recipe at step one to add some spice to this dish!