Cheesy garlic brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts have never tasted more delicious! This humble vegetable is levelled up with flavours of garlic, herbs and stretchy grilled mozzarella, to create the ultimate vegetarian side dish.
View the method
- Olive oil
- 800g brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius fan grill. Bring a heavy based frying pan or skillet to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the brussel sprouts to the pan once hot, then flip so they are cut side down.
- Leave the brussel sprouts to cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Once the cut side is lightly caramelised, stir the sprouts to cook the other side.
- Add the butter, garlic and oregano to the pan, and saute for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic has cooked and the sprouts are al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sprouts, then place the pan into the oven and grill for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish the brussel sprouts with chopped parsley, and serve alongside your favourite meal.