Cucumber and pistachio salad
This salad is very tasty eaten on its own with warm, soft flatbread but you may like it with a piece of grilled or pan-fried fish.
- 1 apple cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 small telegraph cucumber, deseeded and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 100 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼-½ cup pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin is nice here)
- 1 Tbsp dukkah
- Arrange the cucumbers and mint on a serving plate and crumble over the feta. Scatter over the nuts and lemon rind.
- Shake the lemon juice, oil and dukkah together. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
To make the salad a complete meal, break in some hot-smoked salmon.